What is the Nesto Timer?
Nesto is a convenient Pomodoro timer with embedded music and notifications for desktop and mobile devices. This app enables you to deeply focus on your tasks, be it creating, studying or working. Uninterrupted music allows you to get in the “state of flow” even in a noisy environment.
What is the Pomodoro Technique?
Pomodoro Technique is a productivity practice designed to bring your fullest attention to the current task and accomplish it in the fastest and most creative way.
The term Pomodoro is translated as Tomato from Italian. Francesco Cirillo, who developed the technique in 1980s, used a tomato-shaped timer to slice his work in intervals of 25 minutes.
How the Nesto timer allows you to use the Pomodoro technique?
- Decide on the current task. The actual time for the task doesn’t matter - it can be longer or shorter.
- Choose the background music playlist. You can change the playlist or turn it off at any time.
- Start the Pomodoro timer by pressing Play button.
- Focus for 25 minutes with no interruptions.
- When timer expires and you receive notification sound, prepare to take a short break of 5 minutes. During this time, walk around, drink water and/or exercise.
- After the short break ends, start the Pomodoro timer and repeat the steps.
- Every four pomodoros, take a long break of 15 minutes. During this time, do or think about anything you want. Tip: You can think about your task on a higher, strategic level to gain new insights.
- Support for mobile and desktop devices
- Background music during the Pomodoro phase
- Audio notifications at the end each timer phase
- Dynamic background images for your mood
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I play music with blocked screen on mobile?
The background music in the app is powered by YouTube. Therefore, use these instructions against Nesto.cc website to get background music playing on the blocked screen.